bad news but using this as a diary too
I 'assumed too much and too positively."" on items that were out of my control
Assumed tenant (who moved out of the 2 flat early) would pay me $810 on time.. it is late and may be a week or more out or I may have to fight for it. I have to pay utilities on that the 2 flat til it sells and this would have gone towards it. potential $2-400 utility bill outstanding??
and assumed 2 flat would not confirm til the end of May. it is confirming on the 13th
also roofs will likely be $2000+ more than I budgeted (low budget!)
Thsi means I have an $800-1200 hole for this month (plus roofs) and owe the other 2 flat people $400 out of their security (which I already reclaimed)
I already used the security..so this represents $400 i have to come up
Here is my plan
1. sell my stuff (sold $310 worth so far.. got more to sell and appointments this week).. potential of $300+ more and may list other stuff ($300 more.. but not this week likely)
2. stop 401k for next check. potential $730 more $ to me
3. stop unnecessary costs (getting refund on 'just answer' website subscription and stopped that, stopping my fico.com, getti8ng refund of $120 on something else (potential $175 but refunds not coming instntly)
4. see if I can delay confirmation one more month (got a call into the bank).. worth $1025
5. start consulting ASAP (now).. probably can do $200-300 by end of the month
6, take $2000 out of rental emergency fund to pay for roofs AND maybe delay unti that one house is turned over
7. call that guy who owes me $6000.. see where that is at.. that will go towards the rental emergency fund by the way
8. stop auto savings plan for this month or next check
and lastly DO BETTER next time.. stop cutting things so close with stuff out of my control in the air
Onward.. hoping to update with good news.
tenant who owes $810 contcted me today but says they are short and do not have it.. trying to come up with when they will
also my not for profit is in a cash crisis.. which is stressing me and I have very little time to deal with it.. want to close that thing.
with the money shortage..'Necessity is the mother of invention!". I do not want to reduce my emergency fund accounts.. trying to make up as much as I can with adjustments etc.
Feeling short, made some mistakes