I talked to my aunt yesterday and she gave me (will send) the $7000 she had pledged IF the house worked out.
Feeling like things are all going well lately.
I have $21k in the rental emergency fund (need $30k) and have $6500 for roofs (at the 6 homes.. quoted cost).Calling this guy today to see if I can still get the winter rate. That motorcycle guy still owes me $6k and is in touch every week.
Talk to old/current property manager today..and to new one (to confirm for June 1)
We give notice to the SEction 8 lady today.. 30 days and will look to rerent it immediately pending her response. I am giving her $100 move out credit for the inconvenience and if damages do not exceed her security deposit and if she cooperates w showings. I think it will go ok. Also my talk with current property manager gives me a chance to set real expectations for renting this out. was in the past 'afraid' to be too direct as I had no back up.
Good news from my aunt