My plan for the $ from Dad (likely to disburse next week ) is the following
1. add $2k more to the rental emergency fund to bring it up to $20000
2. add $2500 more to the personal emergency fund so I have a $5000 swing fund in my checking account (total of my monthly bills) so I can try going on just the rental income in July for a few months
3. pay off the '2 flat fix up debt ($23700+)
4. do something for Me ( will think on this)
5. put $12.5 towards the real estate tax escrow which will leave me only having to put $3k a month towards taxes for May, June, July, August
5. invest the rest at Vanguard-32300
I get my first full paycheck Friday. wonder what it will turn out to be.
Feels good to get all the above funds etc beefed up and stabilized.
Health insurance goes down over $200 next month as I changed to the plan offered through work
Water/electric down $100 a month
and have a $1000 overpayment for gas (accrued over several months of auto bill) so will not pay gas for prob 9 months.. my monthly was $107 so will divert that to investments via Vanguard
Also auto investing in Vanguard to $150/month in Vanguard and more when able
Once I get Dad's money and pay off the 2 flat fix up debt I will up the vanguard to $2k/month
Trying to stabilize adn tie up loose ends.
Will also pay cash (or 0% credit) for school fromm now on. I currently owe approx $9k accruing at 6% interest in student loans
Market is really down but trying to think of it as the market is on sale
Plan for money from dad $73k