Today I transferred all my Roth from last year and my contribution so far this year back into taxable investment accounts. The reason I did this was because I exceeded the income requirements.
I am working with my accountant on this years taxes and as income was way up.. all around my refund will be less ... he is working on it now. Whatever the result is this year I will talk to him and another attorney/CPA I know to see if there are ways to limit taxes in the future by various creative or currently unknowns. I expect to be having high income for a few more years nwo and I know there are a ways to use LLC (which I have) and other things to cut down taxes. Makes sense to see if those apply. Driveways, siding and roofing is all in the works. so all large things this year will be done by end of next week . I figure a few months to build back up the emergency fund and then settle in again..
I am completing the fence at my house $800 . last year you recall I did a 6 foot fence but 'cut in' at my neighbors 'outbuilding' (it ws an old stable). I just have really negative feelings about my neighbor.. there dogs are out much less (knock on wood) but I just do not like the people.. I figure with the fence I can enjoy the yard again
I still think of just selling and moving to the real downtown area out here where they have older homes and least the last time I lived there everyone was out and about. friendly. you could walk to downtown all of that..the river walk.. I can probably spend less too.. get a front porch to watch the rain etc..hardwood floors.. little nook and crannies..
Anyway. not moving right now and I have a nice house. I looked at the photos from Patient Saver and loved the look of the cozy, landscape, stone (not just the driveway but near the driveway) feel. I like that type of house...
I can understand Patient Savers ancy-ness. I am doing my own little countdown too and working way too hard and feeling like with this house debt I am not going to be whre i want.
Things change all the time.. so onward and counting the multiple blessings I do have.
Thinking on the SUV.. still looking at options but really my contract does only go until July so might be best to at least wait to do anything until then. but I DO want to downsize to one vehicle.. does not make sense anymore to have two and not worth it to me..
Financial updates, moved Roth to regular savings