Documenting the journey
1. accepted the $65 hour job.. NO 401k for first year confirmed. I mapped out what I should be getting and should be able to save $3k a month.. already funded Roth so that will be all taxable accounts
2. Naperville job did NOt turn out. not enough E commerce experience.. oh well. this however helps me see that when I stop chasing money so hard I can get a good paying job near home without too much of an issue at $100-110k
2. still in for 100% remote job but wondering if I want it. I want to be out and social. the job (I accepted) has flex time and one day a week at home and 4 days at the office (social) so best of both worlds?
1. no news this week. now I should news mid next week. PRAYERS!! this is for the main house refinance. if this job, the lloan and the 6 homes smooth out ... WOW!!
1. s8 lady is moving TOMORROW.. Property manager is going over there tomorrow to do a walk through and see what we need to do.. will let me know after.. plan is to fix it up asap and rerent it for $2-300 more a month.
2. roof on one of the homes goes in this weekend... also did 2 sump pumps and water heater (replacements).. going to do a french drain and one more roof likely this year.. comprising hopefully MOST or all of the larger fix up areas w the rest of work being minor repairs etc..or small improvements tothe hoomes .. particularly the ones we are turning over..also will look at tree trimming etc away from the roof.. I can hold off on the 2nd roof if I want too..
3. most important thing is to get these new renters in and stabilize..I have 1.5 months of vacancy built into my budget #s
4. hoping new PM is aggressive and good with rerenting and turning things over fast..
s8 must not have known about the move out ... they paid for the whole month. after we have confirmed move out I will see if they want me to refund that or take it out of my next check
About it..hopefully good updates to follow. I wish I did not have so much up in the air.. loan and turning over this house.
6 homes update, job, loan (some good news)